Moving is a stressful time: living out of boxes, constantly packing, no time to relax.
And then comes moving day. You spend hours moving boxes into a van, transporting them, only to immediately unload them. You might have to repeat this process multiple times depending on how much you own.
But you aren’t done when the boxes are moved. That is because most leases require the leaving tenant to clean their apartment before the next tenant arrived. That means you have to schlep back to your old apartment for some deep cleaning.
If this strikes you as too much effort, or time constraints are a concern, it can easily become overwhelming.
The good news is, there is a service aimed at easing the stress of moving. Move out cleaning is offered by residential cleaning services that can dial your stress back from 11 to zero.
In this guide, we offer tips from industry insiders to make the most of your professional cleaning services experience.
- Don’t Forget To Ask About Green Options: There is a huge divide between conventional cleaning products and environmentally friendly ones. Conventional offerings include a number of chemicals that can potentially linger in the apartment. Green options are just as effective but typically have no negative side effects.
- Don’t Forget To Warn If You Still Have Furniture in The Apartment: Most move out cleaning professionals will expect an empty apartment. It is important that you give the cleaners a heads up, that way they can be appropriately prepared for the job.
- Don’t Forget To Warn About Pets: If you have a pet, be sure to warn your cleaners. This is so they can bring supplies to help eliminate the odor and lingering pet hairs that can affect the next tenant.
- Don’t Forget To Ask About Extra Services: It’s always worth asking about other tasks the cleaners are capable of handling, such as spackling nail holes or retouching scuffs in the paint. There’s no guarantee, of course, but you’d be surprised how often they go hand in hand.
- Don’t Forget To Warn About Carpets: Carpet and upholstery cleaning is an industry in its own right, earning 10% of the total cleaning industries revenue. It’s important to make sure your move out cleaning company is up to the job.
Move out cleaning companies can be a life saver on moving day. If you are stressing about your move, consider hiring someone. You’d be surprised the peace of mind it will give you.